ARE. YOU. READY?
Confused? Headachy? Suffering from anxiety attacks that wrack your mind and body? Tired of going from one therapist or doctor to another and another for EACH symptom? Getting inconsistent advice? Failing each Return-to-Play and Return-to-Learn step? And what about Return-to-Work (NO ONE talks about that one!) Putting plans on hold until you finally get back on track?
But how are you getting back on track?
There’s a growing body of research with disturbing findings that conventional concussion protocol of prolonged rest is actually making things worse for you. May I also point out to you that rest is NOT a treatment but an admission that your run-of-the-mill doctor doesn’t know how to help you! The research is there and yet your doctor won’t have enough initiative or curiosity to think that there’s GOT to be a better way! Or maybe they’re not taking your seriously.
There Is A BETTER Way
Many researchers are looking only at the physical brain, but in reality that’s not where the problem is. The issues you have are psychological. Let us assure you, you’re not crazy. It means you’re feeling helpless and maybe even hopeless. And definitely stressed out! That’s where people go when the answers for their concussions aren’t coming fast.
When your doctors recommended complete and total rest, they were doing it knowing it would be a crap shoot. They have no idea whether you’re going to get well or not. They’re just following conventional wisdom.
But conventional wisdom doesn’t mean it’s correct. Far from it.
What it Takes to Recover
Growing Stronger and Better.
Because there’s no improvement if you’re NOT getting stronger and better – you’re just where you were when the problem started.
That simply doesn’t work.
You train to improve. Regardless of what you do. You realize you must be continuously learning. Then you improve. Recovery and healing require the same thing.
What you need is a step-by-step protocol that will get you back in the game – the sport you love and miss so much or back in the game of life. That’s what we do at Concussion Answers. We have the answers to get you back in the game.
But what type of help are you looking for? What type of doctor are you looking for?
The Truth Is Our Practice Might NOT Be Right For You…
At Concussion Answers, we don’t do band-aid care or band-aid solutions like most doctors do. We don’t treat concussion symptoms. We don’t manage concussions. We look for the reasons why your brain became WEAKENED! You’ll see it too and then life isn’t a mystery any more!
The Success Mindset of Successful Concussion Recovery
We Work With Clients Who:
1. VALUE their health and well-being
2. Are coachable
3. Take instructions to heart
4. Follow through on instructions
5. Are open and willing to take positive constructive action
6. Are open-minded about a holistic approach (body and mind together)
7. Apply themselves to the same extent as they would to their sport, education or career
8. Want control over their health
The same unquenchable desire to succeed (in sport, career, relationships) is the same that is required to heal your concussion. The same unshakeable faith that you will succeed is a requirement to proceed to the full recovery you yearn for.
If you’re looking for a doctor who
1. Respects your time. When you book your appointments, you’re in and you’re out ON TIME. There is no waiting room.
2. Will explain why your brain became weakened and susceptible to injury.
3. Takes the time to listen to you and talk about your concerns in a safe setting
4. Has two-way discussions with her clients
5. Answers all your questions in plain, simple language
6. Gives you practical tools and strategies to heal your concussion and Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS)
Then Concussion Answers is definitely where you want to get help.
We would love to help everyone that has requested our expertise. We’re the only doctors anywhere treating PCS the way it should be done: effectively, efficiently and comprehensively in this Calgary sports medicine clinic. However, we don’t accept just anyone as clients. We only accept those we believe we can help, who already possess the proper mindset. Before you even step into our practice, we need to meet you to discuss some things.
If you meet the criteria above (checklist 1 to 8) and would like to speak with us personally about getting you extraordinary health results, then we will happily set aside some time for you. Here’s how the process works:
First, make an appointment to meet with Dr. Joanny. Second, fill out the mini-intake form.* The mini-intake is an IMPORTANT prerequisite for having the meeting. We’ll have a meaningful initial conversation based on your health concerns, your goals and challenges to determine if we can help you. At the end of the appointment you’ll have a better understanding of what you can do about it. We will find out if there’s a fit for you and Dr. Joanny to work together to get you back in the game of your favourite sport, of your life.
*The mini-intake must be filled out and sent to us no later then 48 hours before the initial consultation. If we do not receive the filled out form, the meeting will be postponed.
This Initial Consultation is 40 minutes long and the fee is $250.00 CAD. We meet on Fridays between 9 AM and 1 PM (all times are North American Mountain time.) If you agree that I am the right doctor to help you with your vexing health issues then this fee will be applied to your program fees.
To set up our first meeting together, please follow these simple rules:
1. Please schedule your Initial Consultation BELOW for Calgary sports medicine.
2. You will be asked to make one choice for appointment times.
3. Then you will be directed to the payment section.
4. After you’ve paid, you will receive a confirmation of your meeting.
5. You should also receive an email containing a record of your payment.
6. Then lastly, to make the best use of our 40 minutes together, please fill out the mini-intake form.* Dr. Joanny will be better prepared to answer your questions and also ask good ones of her own.
Please set up your meeting here:
Thank you for letting us help you at https://concussionanswers.com! We look forward to you MOVING forward and getting back in the game! You may also want to read about our Code of Ethics and Our Values.